Congratulations to Jamie Supple and the Outcome Health Team!
The Director of Business Intelligence at Outcome Health, Jamie Supple, has been awarded the Gippsland Primary Health Network (GPHN) Health Prevention award for 2021. The awards were developed by Gippsland Primary Health Network (Gippsland PHN) three years ago to recognise and honour individuals and teams who work in primary care.
Jamie led the team from Outcome Health to develop a daily consolidated report from de-identified data extracted from General Practices using POLAR and data extracts supplied by Aspen Respiratory Clinics that gave GPHN a way to track COVID testing throughout Gippsland.
The project also delivered broader insights to GPHN that facilitated:
- Review where COVID-19 tests were being performed across the region.
- Identity where people FROM Gippsland were travelling to have a COVID test.
- Identify where people NOT FROM Gippsland were travelling to have a COVID test.
- Regions where positive COVID-19 cases were recorded.
- Informing stakeholders of potential sites for further COVID testing.
- Review the demographics of people being tested and their change over time.
- Identify testing throughput and patterns by testing location.
- Profile both symptoms and lifestyle characteristics for a patient cohort.
In his acceptance speech, Jamie paid special thanks to the team at GPHN led by CEO Amanda Proposch that worked with OH to make this a truly successful project.